Saturday, April 19, 2014

“The World is Your Oyster” Shakespeare The Merry Wives of Windsor


Falstaff: I will not lend thee a penny. 

Pistol: Why then the world's mine oyster, Which I with sword will open.

************************************************************************************************************


Is the world, in fact, our oyster?  Can we crack it open at will?  Partake of all it has to offer?

I think that we all know the answers to these questions and they are...yes, yes and yes!

If so, then why do most of us plod along? Never really striving for our dreams?  

And again, we all know the answer to that question as well... Fear.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm pretty sure there are others out there who share my experience.

In my life, I've dreamt of just a few things...  Getting married, being a mom, running my own business and writing a book. 

I had no fear of the first two, so that was pretty easy and have made me very happy and given me a wonderful life!

However, having my own business and/or writing a book scared the crap out of me!  My inner critic used to bombard my brain with questions like...

Who do you think you are?  
Do you really think that you have what it takes?
What would you write about?
What skill or service do you have that others would need?

And damning statements like...
 
You're not a "self-starter"!  
You don't have the motivation or the stick-to-it-ivness!  
You're not smart enough!
Don't even bother trying.
You will fail!



I listened and I believed.  

*********************************************************************************

Over the years I've tried a few things, like selling Mary Kay Cosmetics and Usborne Books.  They were kind of like having my own business.  I think I could have been successful at them if, in fact, I actually LIKED selling!  LOL

I told friends of mine, if I EVER mention selling anything EVER AGAIN, slap me in the face!  LOL

*********************************************************************************
I don't know exactly what changed, maybe it was that the kids were adults now and I started to wonder what the heck I was going to do with myself for the 2nd half of my life, but a while back I started to believe that I could turn my mosaic hobby into a business.

www.facebook.com/threeowlsmosaicart


I'm having a ball, learning new things, growing as a person and making a little money!  Why didn't I do this sooner?

Yes, it is selling, but the product speaks for itself.  Either you like it and want it or you don't.  I don't have to have a ready made schpiel trying to convince you to buy.  (That's the part I hated about selling.  It didn't feel honest to me.)

So, what is your dream?  What's holding you back?  What would your life look and feel like if you just took a step towards what you really want?

Think about it.  Pick one step to take and do it.



You CAN do this!
You ARE smart enough!
You DO have what it takes!



And, most importantly, you are meant to live your best life, so go do it!



I'd love to hear your story!  So, please share if you'd like!












No comments:

Post a Comment