Thursday, April 3, 2014

Listen to Your Mother...Really!

Hello there my friends!  I hope that this day has been good to you and that you've accomplished at least some of what you'd hoped that you would.

Or, maybe The Masked Procrastinator had her way with you?  *gasp*


She can be such a biatch sometimes!  (LOL)

O.K., so you're an adult.  You've been there and done that.  But are you open to recieving advice?  Even from your mother/father? 

 Or do they sound like the adults on Charlie Brown when they're trying to help?


I get it.  But, I have to admit it.  My mom has a theory that works!  She calls it The DIN Theory.  As in...

(Yeah, NIKE has something very similar.  I think they stole it from my Mom!)

If you're anything like me, you think too much about what needs doing or what you "should" be doing.  I often end up paralized and feeling like crap and consequently NOTHING gets done! 

 GRRRRR!!!!  

Just thinking about it is makes me feel crappy.



But when I put my pride aside and actually take my Mother's advice, it feels pretty darn good!  (Thanks Mom.  You are a wise and wonderful woman!)

I've found something else that helps. Eating big, fat, ugly frogs first thing in the morning.  Huh?



In the book Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy, which I highly recommend and can be bought on Amazon.  Copy and paste this URL:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&fieldkeywords=eating%20frogs&sprefix=eating+frogs%2Cstripbooks&rh=i%3Astripbooks%2Ck%3Aeating%20

Tracy talks about eating the biggest, fattest frog first think in the morning.  Meaning, your biggest, most important "to do" of the day. 

 Just get it out of they way!  Don't procrastinate.  Don't think and think and think about doing it!  Use the DIN Theory!  (My mother would be so proud of you.  ;-)

I've done it.  It works.  It's a big relief.  The rest of the day is a piece of cake.  

So, make that "To Do" list and put the big, ugly, juicy frog at the top!  

And, please, let me know how it works out!








No comments:

Post a Comment