Thursday, May 22, 2014

Remembering an Old Friend

I'm really sad today and not much into writing a post.   So, this will be a brief post about an old freind who just passed away yesterday, way too young.



Harry, (the big guy in the middle), was a fun-loving, athletic guy back in our high school days.  We were part of the same group of freinds, made up mostly of the girls in my grade and their boyfriends in his.  We hung out and participated in all that is teenager-hood together.  He was a basketball player, I was a basketball cheerleader.  We partied on weekends and in later years attended each other's weddings.  Most of us remain in contact to this day, but not Harry.  Choices he made along the way, and  life circumstances, changed things as they so often do.

So it has been many years since I've seen or corresponded with Harry.  His life was not an easy one, but I sense that he tried hard, especially recently.  No matter what has transpired over time, he is still my old friend whom I am sad to hear has passed.

One of my fondest memories of Harry is when in high school we, and a few others, would skip a certain period and hang out in the Athletic Director's office.  We had a lot of laughs and fun in that office!   He and I also liked and exchanged our favorite quotes.  I kept them for several years.  I kinda wish I had them now.

Eric Clapton reminds me of Harry.  I'd heard him for the first time when we visited the guys their freshman year in college.

Eric Clapton Lay Down Sally


Rest in peace my friend.  Thanks for the memories.









No comments:

Post a Comment